So for me to remember, I wanted to write down those things.
Things I will miss:
- watching his feet jolt across my belly all day, and everytime I lay down for bed.
- spazzing out before his hiccups.
- occasional pampering from others. That will be greatly missed.
- feeling him move every morning when I wake up.
- pressing his body against my hand when I rub lotion on, or scratching my belly. Already like his daddy.
- creeping people out when they watch him move and bounce around.
- using my tummy for a table. Amazes me everytime.
- having dogs curl up to and protecting my belly. Baxter fights off anyone who wants to touch my belly. Harley on the other hand uses it as a step stool.
- hearing his heartbeat at the doctor's.
- the desire to clean.
- sleeping in. I'm NOT a morning person, so this should be interesting!
Things I won't miss:
- feeling of my skin about to rip everytime he kicks hard.
- strangers staring at my belly. I'm not well endowed enough to have ever had to say "hello, I'm up here!!", but this makes up for it.
- using the bathroom every half hour.
- laying on my sides. Never, ever again!
- water retention. Will I ever have ankles again?!
- being called prego, preggie, preggie pants, prego woman....ughh
- maternity clothes!! Yeah, there lifesavers, but I'm so tired of wearing the same outfit!!
- bumping my belly into everything. I obviously have no depth perception of it's size.
- doctor appointments and everything that that involves.
- grunting getting in and out of bed, the car, the table, couch.....
- my hairy legs. I don't even remember what it's like to bend from the hips!
Yes. Let this be my motivation to suck it up and stick it out for the last week and a half. Because instead of nine months, we could all be pregnant for 2 years like the elephant. Although I do see a resemblance....