September 29, 2010

Baby Swimming

My uncle Glen showed me this video and I had the biggest anxiety attack watching it for the first time. It's almost heartbreaking. But then I started watching related videos and the more I saw it, the more amazing I thought it was. I would have done this with Oaklen this summer had I known before. Straton's parents have a pool that were always in during the summer.

The idea behind Infant Swimming Resource was born in 1966 when its founder, Harvey Barnett, Ph.D, was just 18 years old. As an active lifeguard, Barnett witnessed the tragic aftermath when a neighbor's child drowned. At that moment, he vowed to do everything possible to ensure not one more child drowns.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so amazing! Really interesting, everyone should know about this!

Mom said...

That is AWESOME!!! Sign Oaklen up!

Jaime said...

I just about had a mini heart attack, I have never wanted to reach through the screen of my computer sooooo bad. Oh...I'm sweating!

auntie Patty said...

yep, sign him up!!!!! Very scary!