I've been on this "turn your trash into treasure" kick lately, and Oaklen's room was first on my list. As I was getting all his new treasures into his room, I realized I really wanted to paint some owls above his door for his owl themed nursery.
Me. Who has a hard time even coloring in the lines, wanted to paint. And for some reason, it had to be done RIGHT THEN. So I grabbed the leftover supplies from previous arts and crafts adventures from his room and went to work.
First I searched online for a picture of owls to use as inspiration. I found these lovelies on google:
Then I traced them and cut them out:
**All these pictures are going to be bad quality because I took them in the dark while Oaklen slept.
I then pinned them where I wanted them to be, and traced around them with a pencil. Once I took them down I outlined the inside with pencil, too.
I painted the vanilla parts first, then the brown:
I can't draw a circle to save my life, so I used these props (for the eyes) to do it for me. A pin for the little eyes, the bottom of a marker for the big eyes:
Then I outlined them both with a black sharpie which is the hardest part of the entire project. I also cannot draw a straight line to save my life.
I'm still debating about what to do for the chest feathers. Straton wants colors, I want zig zag lines. We'll see what happens. As for now, I'm pretty happy with it.