March 17, 2010

2 week checkup

Everything for Oaklen's 2 week check went great. He peed all over the nurse who checked his weight, and then again all over me and himself, and then tried to get the doctor. That's my boy!

So far Oaklen:
  1. has learned how to grunt, which sounds like a little boy, not a baby. It's the cutest/funniest thing!
  2. is starting to recognize my voice. He really tries to listen when I talk to him. 
  3. has blue eyes that seem to get a little more blue everyday. 
  4. likes bath time.
  5. coo's when he's really asleep.
  6. has outgrown one newborn outfit.

So far I:
  1. have learned that 9 pm is past my bedtime.
  2. still can't sleep on my stomach because I can't grasp the fact that there is NOT a baby in there that I would squish. 
  3. still set up my bed with pillows for my stomach right before I get into bed. Straton asked me what I was doing the other night when I did that. I had no idea.
  4. get extremely nervous when Oaklen isn't in my arms. I feel like I can't protect him from germs, people or heaven forbid he scratch his own face with his nails! 
  5. love breastfeeding. I was a little nervous about it because it just seemed so awkward, but there really is an amazing bond with him. Especially when he holds my hand. I think Straton really likes it as well. bahaha
  6. give in to Oaklen's sweet little eyes. No matter how exhausted/irritated/upset I am that I can't get any sleep at night, every time I see those eyes, my frustration completely fades. 
  7. get teary eyed every time I look at this picture. It brings back that moment for me as if I'm re-living it right then and there. 
I love my boys!!

4 comments:

Auntie Patty said...

awwwww, you made my eyes water! So glad you are so happy! Breast feeding is the best!! Just you and him, nothing like it!

GiGi said...

Sounds like you need one of your sister's pee-pee-tee-pees!!! Since I won't be there for his blessing, I hope to be able to see Oaklen soon. And I'm with you about not passing him around in a crowd. Give Oaklen a kiss for me.

TysonandMarthaGerber said...

What an active boy peeing on everyone! I bet strat is so proud. Glad that the 2 week check up was so successful.

Amy said...

The last picture of this post made me tear up. It totally captures the emotions both of you were feeling. I am so excited to experience that moment for myself.