November 6, 2010

soo tired. neeed sleepy.

You know those posts that mother's will make about how awesome or happy their baby is? How they are just little angels sent from heaven above and smile all the live long day? It's usually to the effect of "he/she is SUCH a good baby!" or "he/she never cries. they are the most perfect baby everrrr!". Don't get me wrong, that's awesome. I love seeing a happy mom and a happy baby. That's the way it should be.

unfortunately, this is not one of those posts.

I absolutely love Oaklen dearly. He is one of the best things that has ever happened to me. But he will not stop fussing!! Lately he has turned into one of the biggest mama's boys you ever did see. No one else can (while in my presence) hold him, play with him, put him to bed, feed him....etc. I know it's my fault, and that I'm not doing a whole lot to prevent it, but I cannot stand to hear him cry. I lose my mind. I'd rather hold him or stop his fussing, than pull my hair out and be on edge all day. That's my choice. But it's getting to the point that I am on edge everyday because now he cannot even be put down. Not with toys, food, juice, swings, seats, nothing! I've tried just about everything I can think of, but the longest I can set him down and leave him on his own is a whopping 5-10 minutes. If he is happily playing on his own and he even sees me walk by he will start fussing/crying.

*sidenote- I've tried the crying it out deal. It doesn't work with Oaklen or me. We timed him for two hours, and the crying only got worse. That is no longer an option for us. Nor do I like/want to do that.
also- I can hold him in his sling or carrier for so long before my back starts breaking. 

He's not in any pain, not teething, not gassy, hurt, sad or mad. He's apparently just bored and lonely. So, I'm lucky to shower and get dressed for the day. I'm also lucky if he takes a full hour nap during the day. And of course when nap time does come around all I want to do is relax and have me time.

I don't want this to be a bad post in any way. I guess I'm just curious if this is a phase? Has anyone else had to deal with this kind of behavior? I don't care if your a friend of a friend of a friend who has no idea who I am and reads my blog. If you have any advice or tips, please share!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know of at least two female substitute mothers that would not mind borrowing Oaklen....I'll give you a hint they held him at Church yesterday and sat by me and Brady.