May 19, 2011

where troubles melt like lemon drops

 (a beautiful summer evening from our front yard last year)

Ever since I heard Israel Kamakawiwo’ole’s version of Somewhere Over the Rainbow, it instantly became my go-to song. I would put it on if I was sad and needed a little cheering up or if I just wanted some peaceful background music as I did my chores for the day. I liked it so much that I told my husband that it was the song I wanted to be played at my funeral. A little creepy, maybe? You have to be prepared for things like this.

Anyway, I searched for the Mormon Tabernacle Choir in my Grooveshark account one Sunday (thinking I would get nothing. And then I remembered why I love Grooveshark so much. They have everything) and found their version of Somewhere Over the Rainbow, which I never knew existed. Shame on me. I can't stop listening to it. Everyday, at least 10 times. I know I'm already a pretty big boob, but it puts me in tears each time. So of course I had to tell my husband the news and update my future funeral song.

Am I the only one that does this?!

Enjoy!



No comments: